Translate

2.1.10

NEW YEAR STORY - TAKE A STEP UP

One day a farmer's donkey fell into an abandoned well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old and the well needed to be covered up anyway; so it just wasn't worth it to him to try to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbours to come over and help him. They each grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. Realising what was happening, the donkey at first cried and wailed horribly. Then, a few shovelfuls later, he quieted down completely.

The farmer peered down into the well, and was astounded by what he saw. With every shovelful of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing some thing amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up on the new layer of dirt. As the farmer's neighbours continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up.

Pretty soon, the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off, to the shock and astonishment of all the neighbours. Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to not let it bury you, but to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone.

We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up! And finally, the donkey gave the farmer who tried to bury him a good kicking. And what is another moral for this story? - When you try to cover your buttocks, it always comes back and gets you.

6 comments:

  1. What a great story and a wonderful analogy for life with chronic illness!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a GREAT story! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon your blog today, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading several of your posts. So much so that I am adding a link to your site on my blog.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to make your acquaintance, Sophie ~

    I hope you'll blog again soon! I am trying to be more disciplined about blogging this time around. Wow, am I grateful for the support it provides, not to mention writing practice!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone!! I'm Marilyn Here in the States and I'm here to talk about what Dr. James did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and itching, especially in my private part. During the first year. This disease started circulating all over my body and  I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Val acyclovir, Acyclovir, and some other products and it really helped during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! From my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from  Dr. James herbal mix and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system, and I was tested negative after 15 days of using  Dr. James herbal mix medicine. I'm here to let you all know that the herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr. James herbal medicine.  I came across a testimony of Tasha, on the internet testifying about Dr. James, on how he cured Her of 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of  the great Dr. James  (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com...]..., advising anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help with, so I emailed him telling him about me (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I'm going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him. I have faith he can cure me too, Dr. James prepared and sent me his herbal mix medicine made of roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after 15 days I drank his herbal mix medicine, I was totally cured. No more inching, pain on me anymore as Dr. James assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test. The result came out negative. So friends my advice is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like Alzheimer's Disease, Warts, Moles, Bipolar disorder, Shingles, HPV, HIV/AIDS, ALS, HBP, CANCER, NEPHROTIC SYNDROME HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts, Macular degeneration, Cardiovascular disease, Autism, Lung disease. Enlarged prostate, Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease, psoriasis, Tach Diseases, Lupus, Backache, dementia. Kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer. Testicular Cancer, LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY., etc. you can contact  the great  one  directly on his........@ drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com  He is a good man, and He will help you.  

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message